The weather outside may get frightful later this week.
Here are a few tips to keep you safe and warm while pregnant.
- Wear flats whenever possible. You don’t want to risk slipping on ice or snow.
- Dress in layers so that you can stay comfortable between frigid outdoor temps and blasting heat indoors.
- Get enough calcium. Odds are you aren’t spending that much time in the sun.
- Stay active. Gaining weight during the holidays and winter months happens all too often. If you are pregnant, gaining too much weight can cause pregnancy and birth complications.
- Do everything you can to stay healthy. Getting the flu shot is highly recommended. But don’t use a nasal spray vaccine as they contain “live” or activated influenza.
- Get fresh air. It’s amazing what a 30-minute walk can do for your physical health, and mental outlook.
Enjoy your increased internal thermostat, now. And, look forward to warm spring and summer walks with your baby.