At Virginia Women's Center, we value the complete health of women. As researchers continue to identify the significant relationship between physical and mental health, Virginia Women's Center has emerged as a leader in innovative health care for women by providing psychological counseling services to our patients since 2005.
Whether the presenting need involves a life transition, stress, anxiety, depression or another mental health issue, women are encouraged to seek counseling. Effective treatment cannot only reduce the length and severity of current distress, but also it can help women learn new coping skills that may reduce future symptoms or prevent them from returning.
Because we have found this integrated model of health care to be so well utilized by our patients, we decided to expand the availability of our psychological services in 2009. We offer counseling appointments at three of our locations: John Rolfe Commons, Mechanicsville and Henrico Doctors' Forest Medical Plaza.
Lisa Cuseo-Ott, Ph.D. counsels Virginia Women's Center patients at our John Rolfe Commons location and Mary Polce-Lynch, Ph.D. counsels Virginia Women's Center patients at our Mechanicsville and Henrico Doctors' Forest Medical Plaza locations.
At this time, our counseling services are only available to Virginia Women's Center patients. Should you have any questions regarding the psychological services available at Virginia Women's Center, please consult your physician or nurse practitioner. To schedule an appointment, simply call our office at 804.288.4084. You will need to check with your insurance provider to verify coverage.
Expectant or new mothers, learn more about the importance of postpartum mental health.
- Stress and Relaxation
- Deep Breathing Exercises
- Symptoms of Depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Healthy Relationships
- The Effect of Hormones in Women
- Depression During and After Pregnancy
- How to Reduce Perfectionism
- The Importance of Vacations
- Caregiver Stress
- Practicing Self-compassion
- Mental Illness Awareness
- Grieving and Ways to Cope
- A New Year to be Organized
- The Benefits of Exercise on our Mental Health
- The Psychological Edge in Sports
- The Quickest, Least Expensive and Most Effective Way to Relax
- The Important Role of Sleep in Our Lives
- Overcoming Insomnia
- The Practice of Mindfulness
- Women's Body Image and Self-Esteem