Birth Control Recall—Mibelas™ 24 Fe
Published on June 5, 2017 by VWC
On May 25, Lupin recalled one lot of Mibelas™ 24 Fe due to a report of a packaging error. If you have an affected pack, it could leave you without adequate contraception and at risk for an unintended pregnancy.
If you are currently using Mibelas 24 Fe:
- Check to see if your pill pack has the affected lot number: L600518 to determine if your pill pack was recalled.
- Check the positioning of the 4 “reminder” brown tablets. If they are positioned in the first four days of the first row of pills, you should immediately begin using a non-hormonal form of contraception (i.e. condoms).
- You should continue taking the pills in the recalled pack until you are able to return it to your pharmacy for a replacement.
- When you receive the replacement, you should start at the same place in the new pack where you left off in the previous pack.
- You should continue using non-hormonal contraception (i.e., condoms) for a month after beginning the new pack.
You may view the FDA’s safety report by visiting their Web site at www.fda.gov/safety/recalls and clicking on the 5/25/2017 Lupin link.
If you have additional questions, please let us know—804-288-4084. We’re happy to discuss any concerns you may have.