Our patients don’t just trust our care. They trust us.
Beyond our medical expertise and cutting-edge technology, what our patients remember most is how we make them feel.
Every single interaction matters—whether we’re scheduling an appointment, walking a patient to the exam room, updating their medical history, offering a kind word during a difficult conversation or helping them understand their bill.
We’re always looking for compassionate and committed team players who want to live a life of purpose.
At Virginia Women’s Center, you have the opportunity to build a career grounded in integrity, respect and excellence.
Change lives. Beginning with yours.
At Virginia Women’s Center, the patient comes first. Always. We are, at heart, a service organization. Working with women and their families in a healthcare setting is not for everyone. But it’s perfect for you if you have integrity, dedication and an ingrained desire to help others. Our team of dedicated medical experts—doctors, specialists, nurse practitioners, nurses and medical assistants—is as diverse as the patients we serve.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, health insurance that starts on the first day of the month following your date of hire, financial and retirement planning support, and much more. We’re looking for compassionate and committed team players who want to live a life of purpose. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
Just a few short steps to start the conversation.
Download our job application.
Type in all the requested information. You may list all positions in which you are interested.
After completing the job application, please email (preferred), mail, or fax the application and your resume to:
Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Virginia Women’s Center
Attn: Human Resources
7130 Glen Forest Drive, Suite 101
Richmond, VA 23226-3754
- Manage efficient patient flow
- Prepare equipment & exam rooms for treatment/procedures
- Obtain & record patient vital signs
- Instruct patients regarding tests and collection of samples
- Data entry using electronic medical record
Previous medical office experience preferred but not required.
Medical Billing Specialist
- Monitor & verify insurance reimbursements, assist with resolution of claim issues, and process claim resubmissions as needed
- Confirm accuracy of billing information from patients/insurance carriers
- Manage and research status reports and the Aged A/R to determine and resolve claim issues, denials, and overpayments
- Work directly with insurance carrier representative to resolve issues
- Provide information to patients and/or insurance carriers regarding insurance coverage, procedure costs, account balances, etc.
- Position requires working knowledge of insurance carrier requirements and professional verbal communication skills
Medical billing experience required. Three (3) years medical billing experience and comprehensive knowledge of insurance is preferred.
Patient Accounts Specialist
- Gathers and analyzes data to determine accurate patient account balance; identifies and reviews delinquent accounts; arranges for patient pre-payments and enforces financial agreements
- Manages incoming queries from patients and clinical staff regarding billing and insurance coverage, answers correspondence related to patient accounts
- Follows collection policy guidelines to make recommendation regarding delinquent accounts
- Obtains benefits for pregnancies and procedures, relays to patients and collects per policy
- Obtains authorizations for services as necessary and coordinates with other staff members and facilities
High school diploma or GED. Associate degree preferred. Two years of medical collection experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Check patients in/out, verify and update insurance and demographic information, review orders for completeness
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or reschedule patient appointments
- Oversee physician schedules for accuracy and completeness
- Answer incoming telephone calls – take messages, transfer calls or assist callers as appropriate
- Receive insurance co-payments and self-pay payments while maintaining security procedures, balance receipts
Position requires working knowledge of insurance carrier requirements and professional verbal communication skills. Medical office experience and customer service background preferred.